IN THE KITCHEN
It is Shiraz by the fire weather and we are very ok with it. Add a delicious winter meal to the mix and you’re all set for the perfect winters night.
This lasagne recipe has been a winter go to in our family for many years and is one all of the family will go back to for seconds. Enjoy on a slow Sunday with a glass of Websters Estate 2017 Shiraz.
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- Olive oil
- 450g tomato passata with basil
- Salt and Pepper
- 200g spinach leaves
- 360g ricotta cheese
- 3tbsp basil pesto
- 375g fresh lasagne sheets
- 100g parmesan, grated
- 300g buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a pan. Add diced eggplant and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft. Remove from pan and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- In the same pan, add a little more olive oil, mushroom and capsicum. Cook for 5 minutes. Add to the mixing bowl with the eggplant.
- In the same pan, add a little more olive oil and the zucchini. Sauté for a couple of minutes and add to the mixing bowl with the other vegetables.
- Add the passata to the mixing bowl with the veggies, season to taste, mix well and set aside.
- Chop the spinach leaves and place in a large bowl. Add the ricotta and pesto. Season, mix well and set aside.
- Time to start building your layers. Grease a baking dish with oil. Place 1 layer of lasagne sheets on the base. Spread half of the veggies over the pasta and sprinkle a little parmesan and some of the torn mozzarella over the top.
- Add another layer of pasta. Spread the remaining veggies on top with a sprinkle of parmesan and torn mozzarella.
- Add the final layer of pasta. Spread the ricotta mixture on top. Finish with remaining parmesan, torn mozzarella and truss tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Enjoy with your favourite garlic bread and a glass of Shiraz.